Asbury Dining & Caring Center
The Dining & Caring Center is a place where all in the Rochester community are invited to receive nutritious meals and other supportive assistance in a respectful, welcoming environment. With only one full-time paid staff member and more than 250 volunteers, we work hard to meet the needs of those who hunger both physically and emotionally. Serving more than 30,000 meals annually and assisting with job placement, health issues, and housing, guests leave with full stomachs and a sense of hope for the future.
- backpacks (used)
- bath towels (lightly used)
- Bibles, any translation (not large-sized)
- dish cloths
- grocery-store items: laundry soap (powdered), pancake syrup, regular ground coffee, creamer (powdered), sugar, brown sugar, pancake mix, paper towels, paper luncheon napkins, toilet paper
- personal hygiene items: e.g., deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, small shampoos, toothbrushes, small toothpaste, small soaps
- sleeping bags (used)
- Help prepare and serve breakfast on either Tuesdays or Fridays under the guidance of a team leader and cooks. Time commitment is 6:30 or 7 am to 9:30 am each week (or you can choose which week or weeks each month.) Leaving early to get to your paying job is acceptable!
- Professional hair stylists to cut hair for our guests: once a month for 2 hours on Sunday afternoons. Give the gift of your skill to our neighbors most in need. For more information, please contact Cathy Bracht at (585) 421-3836.
Information reviewed by agency 8/22/16. (Agency description and web address updated.)