1. CTICU Family Lounge Liaison: Must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers in this assignment greet, welcome and check-in family members and visitors into the family lounge space and ensure that family members are comfortable, have answers to their questions, and are updated whenever possible. Volunteer shifts available: Mon and Tues, 8am – 12pm and 12 – 4pm and Thurs, 8am – 12pm.
2. Surgical Family Lounge Advocate: Must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers regularly “round on” family members in the family lounge to ensure families have checked in, are comfortable, and ensure good and timely communication and progress updates on their loved one during surgery and in the recovery area. Volunteer shifts available: Mon, Weds, & Fri, 9am – 1pm and 1 – 5pm.
3. Care2Connect Volunteer: Must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers in this new program visit / “interview” patients on a one-to-basis, discover life-highlights, happy memories, favorite things / hobbies, write these in bullet-point form on our Care2Connect patient poster, and place the poster in sleeve on patient’s room door so all staff entering the patient room can know more about and make a personal connection with the patient. Volunteer shifts available: Daily, 12pm – 4pm or 1pm – 5pm.
4. Patient Transport & Discharge Volunteer: volunteers answer the discharge desk phone, complete patient transport tickets, and assist wheelchair patients from patient room to the patient’s pick-up vehicle. Shifts available: Mon – Fri, 9am – 1pm, 12 – 4pm, and 2 – 6pm. (Rochester General Hospital Campus.)
5. Visitor (Guest) Services: volunteers greet and welcome those entering the hospital lobby, provide directional, walking and wheelchair assistance throughout the hospital. This is a great assignment for those who want to stay busy/active (over 10,000 steps a shift) and make a positive difference. Shifts available: Mon – Fri, 8am – 12pm, 12 – 4pm and 4 – 7pm; Sat – Sun, 9am – 1pm and 1 – 5pm. (Rochester General Hospital Campus.)
6. Cancer Center Compassionate Companion: volunteers (at least 18 years of age) socialize with and keep patients and families company during infusion sessions, pass snacks, beverages and meals, clean equipment, restock supplies, deliver specimens, run errands, etc. and escort and wheelchair assist patients and/or families around the hospital. Shifts available; Mon – Fri, 8am – 12pm and 12 – 4pm. (Rochester General Hospital Campus.)
7. Emergency Department Patient – Family Companion: volunteers (at least 18 years of age) check in on patients to offer smiles, a listening ear, blankets, pillows and encouragement, answer call lights to determine the patient’s needs (almost 50% of the time, patient needs are non-medical and can be met by volunteers.), offer food and drink, information, support and updates to family members of patients, and clean equipment, restock supplies, deliver specimens, run errands, etc. Shifts available 7 days a week from 10 am–2 pm, 2–6 pm, and 5–9 pm. (Rochester General Hospital Campus.)
Information reviewed by agency 8/2/19. (Volunteers Needed list updated.)