Mission: to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- Telephone support at the front desk, network making follow-up calls to families and caregivers under supervision. Calls are made on site. Training provided. Commitment of 2 times per month.
- Facilitate a support group for caregivers, friends and families of people with dementia or for people with Alzheimer’s disease. Groups meet once each month. Training provided; background check is required.
- Collaborate with chapter staff in creating, managing, facilitating and providing outreach for social/activity programs. Training provided; background check is required.
- Assist at local health fairs by setting up displays and disturbing materials.
- Assist by being an advocate to further legislative priorities by sending an email, calling or visiting legislators. Also, signing petitions, attending town hall meetings, attending annual rally day in Albany and volunteering at our annual Walks.
- Help in the Memory Gardens with planting, mulching, weeding, raking and other physical activities.
- Volunteers educators needed to share information with families. Training provided.
- During peak Walk to End Alzheimer’s season (July – October) each year, volunteers to help with Walk preparations, mailings, team recruitment, kick-off events and other Walk-related activities. Also needed, volunteers for “day of” Walk – set up, route marshals, tear down and clean up.
- See our website for additional opportunities.