AmeriCorps Seniors of Monroe and Livingston County at Lifespan
Rochester, New York 14618
Phone: 585-244-8400 x128
Contact: Caitlyn Crowder
AmeriCorps Seniors (formerly RSVP) is the largest volunteer mobilizing and linking program in the country for people age 55 and older. We assist volunteers in locating opportunities that will use their experience and skills to meet critical needs in their local community. Our AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers get to choose where they want to serve, how much time they wish to contribute, and when they are able to volunteer. Volunteers are eligible to receive no-cost supplemental insurance and partial mileage reimbursement.
- coupons, tickets, gift cards, etc. for volunteers
- sponsorship of special programs, volunteer recognition luncheon, newsletter, and volunteer awards
- Drivers: drive older adults to medical appointments and crucial errands.
- Ombudsman: advocates for residents of long-term care facilities.
- Leaders/Coaches: conduct health education and wellness classes in Matter Balance, Chronic Disease Self-Management, and more.
- Financial management advisors.
- Insurance counselors.
- Respite volunteers: give caregivers of people with early Alzheimers-dementia a short break from responsibilities.
- Friendly callers: make weekly, friendly phone calls to isolated older adults.
Reviewed by agency 8/22/23. (Information is correct.)