Angel Care is a pro-life ministry of St. Marianne Cope Parish that assists mothers in financial difficulty by providing new portable baby beds for their newborn babies. This ensures that their baby will have a safe place to sleep that would otherwise be difficult for the mother to provide at the time of the baby's birth. We also provide new and gently used baby items upon request (e.g., sleepers, onesies, clothes, blankets, outerwear as well as diapers, wipes, grooming products, etc.). Referrals are made by social workers, case workers, and other contacts from various social agencies, hospitals, etc. that work with women during pregnancy and new mothers in need.
- baby clothes (new or gently used; sizes birth to 12 months; all seasons), onesies, sleepers, socks, seasonal outerwear (NOTE: We especially need bottoms (shorts & pants) to pair with the many tops we have.
- baby wipes
- blankets: receiving and crib types
- diaper bags
- diaper cream, shampoo, baby wash, baby powder (NO TALC)
- disposable diapers (sizes 1 and 2 only)
- hooded towels, washcloths
- receiving/crib blankets
- monetary donations are also welcomed to help purchase new baby beds
- Volunteers available during the day (preferably in the Rush-Henrietta area for convenience) to call a remote phone number, take information from phone message, return call (usually to a community agency social worker, case worker, etc.), assemble items requested at Angel Care site and set up arrangements to have the items picked up.
- Volunteers to be present at Angel Care site for a specific amount of time, on days they are available, to give out requested orders to referring social worker/case worker, etc.
- Volunteers to pick up portable baby beds (pack-and-play types) ordered at local retailers.
- Volunteers to shop garage sales, etc., for gently-used baby clothing for use in layettes.
- Volunteers to knit/crochet baby sweaters, hats, crib blankets for layettes