Bivona Child Advocacy Center
One Mount Hope Avenue - The Skalny Building
Rochester, NY 14620
Contact: Sue Sidore, Stefanie Szwejbka
Bivona Child Advocacy Center, a non-profit organization, is a safe, welcoming place where children who have been sexually or physically abused can begin their journey of healing to recovery. Bivona staff facilitates a one-site collaboration of social and legal agencies to protect, treat and counsel child victims and their families, and to investigate and prosecute the abusers.
Bivona Child Advocacy Center is an accredited member of the National Children’s Alliance and has become a resource to the community for all issues related to child sexual abuse. For more information, please visit www.BivonaCAC.org
- batteries: all sizes
- bedding: sheets, comforters, pillows (all sizes), new quilts or blankets
- bottled water, soda (cans), coffee, tea, sugar, creamer
- books, magazines (English and Spanish)
- diapers, Pull-Ups (all sizes)
- door alarms, batteries for door alarms
- duffel bags, totes, backpacks, gift bags
- first-aid supplies
- footballs, baseballs, caps with logos
- gas cards, bus tokens
- gift cards: Wegmans, Target, Tops, Walmart, OfficeMax, Salvatore's, Pita Pit, Lorraine's Lunch Box
- journals, drawing pads
- kitchen supplies: paper towels, paper plates, utensils, dishwasher soap, hand soap, cups, hand towels, sponges, baggies, foil, Saran wrap, Kleenex, etc.
- laptop computers (new) (2); PC computer with ability to burn a DVD from another DVD
- monetary donations
- office supplies: copy paper, pens, markers, tape, raffle tickets, blank DVDs & CDs, envelopes, mailing labels, highlighters, Post-it notes, staples, paper clips, etc.
- personal care “goodie bags” (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb/brush)
- prepaid cell phones
- prevention education tools
- scholarship for RATAC training ($250); sponsor a child for support group session
- snacks for children: e.g., individually-wrapped Goldfish packets, Ritz Bits, breakfast bars, pretzels, fruit cups, juice boxes (no candy)
- specialty books including Spider Book, It's My Body, The Kid Trapper, My Body is Private, Beginning to Heal, Helping Your Child Recover from Sexual Abuse, and Understanding Children's Sexual Behavior
- sweatshirts, sweat pants, socks, flip-flops (all sizes 2T to teens)
- tickets to youth-friendly events, Seneca Park Zoo, Strong Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium
- toys & games (all ages and ethnicities), handheld games, male dolls
- underwear for girls and boys (all sizes 2T to teens)
- used ink and laser cartridges for recycling
- videotaping equipment
- "What Now" brochures
Volunteers play a huge role at Bivona - they help with almost every aspect of our operation. Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Front Desk Receptionist Volunteer: welcome children and families to the facility; answer and triage phone calls, some computer work and perform other tasks as required.
We ask you to fill out a Volunteer Application and, because of the sensitive nature of our work with children, agree to a criminal background check.