GLOW YMCA, Inc.
Batavia, New York 14020
Phone: 585-344-1664 x1014
Contact: Rachel Hale
The YMCA is an international Christian-based, mission-driven, nonprofit, 501(c) 3 organization governed by lay volunteers and operated by a professional staff serving in over 150 countries. The YMCA is a membership focused organization that provides programs and services to its general membership and the public. The GLOW YMCA continues to expand, as potential opportunities are being explored in Livingston County to expand the YMCA’s footprint. Through various programs, the YMCA creates experiences that nurture the healthy development of children, encourage positive behavior in teens, and strengthen families. The result can be seen in our communities becoming stronger, healthier, and safer places to live. Expanding the reach and benefits of the YMCA through strong local leadership, valued driven membership, dynamic programming, and creative collaboration has been the focus of our YMCA’s volunteer and staff leadership. The perpetuation of our existing branches and the development of new delivery sites and service opportunities, will help the YMCA to fulfill its strategic plan to bring membership, programs, and services to those in the rural counties it serves.
- The GLOW YMCA’s mission is to develop the spiritual, mental, and physical abilities of all people in an atmosphere of Christian fellowship.
- The GLOW YMCA serves Genesee, Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming counties with branches in Batavia (founded in 1889), Medina (founded in 1985), and Warsaw (founded in 2002) and a residence camp on Silver Lake (Camp Hough was founded in 1911).
- The YMCA pledges to provide all individuals and families with services, regardless of their ability to pay.
- The YMCA creates experiences that nurture the healthy development of children, encourage positive behaviors in teens and strengthen families as the YMCA moves towards its vision and fulfills its mission.
- tables and chairs for preschool age 2 to 5
- art supplies
- comfortable chairs for teen programming
Information reviewed 10/4/21. (Wish List updated.)