The Food Shelf's purpose is to acquire, warehouse, and distribute donated and purchased food to needy people living in Greece and Charlotte.
- nonperishable food items:
- canned: fruit juice, fruit, meat (stew, chicken, ham)
- large boxed mashed potatoes
- jelly, spaghetti sauce, pudding, Jell-O, peanut butter, soups, pasta and rice (1 lb bags)
- money donations to buy fresh food (milk, bread, eggs, etc.)
- personal care items: toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant
- toilet paper, small bottles of dish detergent
- Drivers to deliver food to families in need living in Greece or Charlotte.
- Drivers to deliver to people with special needs (3rd Thursday of every month).
- Contact drivers and hand out boxes at our location. Requires 3 - 4 hours once every six months.
- Please call for other volunteer opportunities.