Mothers in Need of Others (MINO – pronounced "minnow") is a ministry that assists social service agencies and church outreach programs by providing maternity and baby items and feminine and personal hygiene products that their clients need to care for themselves and their families.
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 11 am to 4 pm
Donations can be dropped off at 1 Favor Street in the Youth for Christ building.
Case managers: please call or email to schedule a pick-up time.Special Needs
February 9, 2019
In order to assist the agencies and churches we work with in meeting the needs of those individuals hit hardest by the government shutdown
, Mothers In Need of Others ministry in collaboration with the Rochester Youth for Christ program are running a Food Drive. We are looking for the following items:
- Canned Foods: Tuna, Chicken, Ham, Soups, Chili, Beef-a-roni, Ravioli, etc. - NO PERISHABLES PLEASE!
- Personal Hygiene Products: Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Antiperspirant
- Feminine Products: Pads, Tampons
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry detergent, Dishwashing liquid, All-purpose cleaner, Bleach, Window cleaner
Items can be dropped off Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11am-4pm at the Youth for Christ building at 1 Favor Street.
has a critical need at this time for the following baby items:
- Diapers (Sizes: Preemie, Newborn, 4, 5, 6, and Pull Ups) We accept partial packages as well!
- Enfamil Formula (Any type!)
- Infant clothing (Boys and Girls: Preemie-6mos.)
- Car seats
- Pack n’ Plays
- Baby Baths
- Personal Hygiene Products (soap, shampoo, antiperspirant, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- Feminine Hygiene Products (pads, tampons -partial packages accepted!)
- Cleaning Products (laundry detergent, dish washing liquid, bleach, all-purpose cleaner, window cleaner)
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex)
General Wish List (Some items are also listed above as Special Needs.)
- baby and toddler clothes (preemie - 5T)
- baby care items: diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, baby bath, etc.
- baby gear: pack 'n plays, car seats, strollers, diaper bags, baby carriers, receiving blankets, towels, etc.
- feminine and personal care hygiene products: sanitary napkins, tampons, soap, shampoo, antiperspirant, etc.
- maternity clothes (all sizes)
- nursing items: pads, privacy covers, Boppie Pillows
- paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, tissues
- cleaning products: laundry detergent, dish washing liquid, cleaning sponges, paper towels
WE CANNOT accept the following:
- toys (other than brand new during Oct.-Dec. for our annual Christmas Outreach Event)
- car seats missing straps or damaged in any way (within 5 years of date of manufacture)
- baby items that are dirty or that have missing or broken pieces
- cribs, toddler beds, activity seats, or play gyms (due to space limitations)
- NO RECALLED OR EXPIRED ITEMS!
Information reviewed by agency 2/9/19. New Special Needs Wish List added.