Offers support and resettlement services to Afghans and Iraqis who were translators or support personnel for the U.S. military or NATO Coalition Forces, and are actively targeted by the Taliban or ISIL for death.
- Drivers: take families to medical and intake appointments during the day M-F.
- Drivers to pick up furniture. (Pickup truck available for use.)
- People willing to refinish or repaint furniture, do simple repairs (replace screws, glue, etc.).
- Office help: simple book keeping and write thank-you letters.
- Fundraisers -- host dinner parties to educate about our program.
- Tutors to teach English to wives/children.
- Caring Circles for families -- take them to zoo, Rochester Science Museum, Mendon Ponds Park, etc.
Help them with mail to make sure bills are paid. Help them understand letters from doctors, DSS, etc.
- Help in refugee caring centers.
Please email WTPryor@gmail.com
for furniture and kitchen donations.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities:
Furniture painting, gather donations, help to move items to apartments, small fundraisers (e.g., car washes), Pennies from Heaven campaign to help fund first month's rent or cars for families.
Information reviewed by agency 4/14/19. (Wish List reinstated.)s