is the largest national volunteer mobilizing and linking program for people age 55 and older, connecting people with local volunteer opportunities. Our RSVP
volunteers get to choose where they want to serve, how much time they wish to spend, and when they wish to volunteer. All volunteers are covered with no-cost supplemental accident and liability insurance while on duty.
- coupons for free items and services to distribute to volunteers
- gas and gift cards (any amount)
- office supplies: two-pocket folders, manila folders, bankers boxes
- sponsorships of special programs: volunteer recognition luncheon, newsletter, volunteer awards
- tickets to area performances, events, concerts, sporting events
- People who like to drive: transport older adults and individuals with disabilities to medical appointments, home delivered meals, or blood products to area hospitals.
- Financial literacy and health insurance counselors.
- Tutors/Mentors to work with school-aged children during and after school hours.
- Individuals to support disaster preparedness planning and initiatives.
- Advocates (Ombudsman) for residents of long-term care facilities.
- Individuals to support programs for Veterans: providing rides and/or other supportive services.
- Leaders/Coaches for conducting health education classes in Matter of Balance and Chronic Disease Self- Management.
Many other opportunities available throughout Monroe County. Call RSVP office for information.