The Friendly Home is a non-denominational, not-for-profit provider of nursing care and rehabilitative services. We provide care and services that promote dignity, individuality, and the highest possible level of independence. Our goal is to maximize the quality of life for our Members (residents) on all levels: physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual.
- fabric cotton, flannel, poly blend (1/2 yard plus measurements)
- Poly-Fil / fiber-fil for stuffing pillows (new, unopened bags only)
- washable yarn in at least 2-oz skeins
- Church Service help: each Sunday morning many of our Members (residents) attend church service in our auditorium. Volunteers would be a great help in accompanying them from their rooms to the auditorium. Beginning at 10 am, volunteers will visit each nursing unit, and accompany/transport Members to the service, which begins at 10:30 am. Volunteers will assist Members in returning to their rooms immediately after the service.
- Evening/Weekend Recreation Support: people to assist with evening and weekend entertainments. Volunteers will help gather people for a performance or special event and enjoy the evening or afternoon with our Members (residents). These entertainments are generally scheduled one evening each month and each weekend afternoon.
- Weekday Recreation Support: help with weekday recreation programs on a regular basis. We have various activities including Bingo that are offered at various times. There are often socials held to celebrate particular holidays. Responsibilities will include helping with transporting Members to locations within the building and hands-on assistance with the activity.
- Gift shop cashier.