The Friendly Home
Rochester, NY 14618
Contact: Kathy Main
A non-denominational, non-profit skilled nursing home in Brighton offering 24-hour care, rehabilitation, memory care and hospice care.
- cotton material (1/2 yard plus measurements)
- Poly-Fil for resident service projects
- tennis balls, new or used, to put on walker legs
Friendly Visitors for one-to-one visits with our residents. Enjoy coffee together in our Cafe , take a walk around our grounds, visit the art gallery, or simply spend some time conversing.
Volunteers are needed on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am to accompany our residents from their rooms to the Auditorium for on-site church services, and to assist residents back to their rooms following the service.
Volunteer in the gift shop, which offers our residents staff and visitors a lovely array of clothing items, purses, seasonal decor, unique gifts, greeting cards and decorative items for the home. Responsibilities include assisting guests with choosing items, arranging displays and using the register to check people out.
- At the Linden Knoll reception desk volunteers are needed to welcome guests, answer phones, assist residents with inquiries. Linden Knoll is an independent senior living community in Brighton.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
- Community service hours available.
Information reviewed by agency 8/24/22. (Website address changed, teen volunteer opportunities added.)