The Salvation Army - Rochester Area Services includes the following programs:
- Youth Enrichment Services, including after-school and summer programs
- Homeless Shelters (4) for men, women with children, and for runaway and homeless youth
- Emergency & Family Services, providing material assistance, rent help, prescription vouchers, and case management
- Seasonal Services, including the Christmas Toy Shop, Adopt-A-Family, and Project Bundle-Up, which provides warm winter clothing for children
- 3 Worship and Service Centers
- air mattresses
- backpacks and duffel bags
- bedding: blankets, comforters, sheets, and bedspreads for homeless shelters
- bus passes, monthly
- can openers, manual
- children's books and children's craft supplies for shelters
- crochet hooks, knitting needles
- diapers, diaper wipes
- gift cards: hair salons
- hats, gloves, and scarves (new) for men, women, and children
- men's sweatpants
- personal care items: bar soap, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, lotions, deodorant, etc.
- postage stamps
- purses and totes
- shower curtains, heavy-duty for shelters
- socks and underwear (new) for men and women
- tickets/gift cards to recreational facilities (e.g., bowling, movie theatres, museums)
- towels, washcloths for shelters
- yarn, fleece fabric
Note: We cannot accept these items: toys, paint sets, crayons, coloring books, stuffed animals
Individuals and groups welcome. Please call or email for information.
- College Internships may be available.
- Food Services: assist with serving and room setup, packing food bags, storeroom maintenance, general cleaning duties, and unloading truck deliveries.
- Maintenance: maintain grounds and building in a state of cleanliness, perform janitorial duties, snow removal, painting, minor repairs.
- Special Events: Project Bundle-Up (October); Christmas (November - December)
- Seasonal Events (November - December): toy distribution, food distribution, Bell Ringers.