The YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County is a powerful resource for women and girls in our community. Today, our programs focus on providing support for pregnant and parenting teens and their babies, and on offering a continuum of housing for women in need, including those of all ages and family situations
Donations may be dropped off at the YWCA
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to be able to pick up donated items. For a map, click here.
Items Always In Need
- canned and boxed foods such as soup and cereal
- personal care Items: new and unopened hand/body lotion, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, combs, women’s razors (Please, no mouthwashes or medicines like Tylenol, etc.),
including products for African American women and children
- diapers (all sizes, especially sizes 4, 5, 6, and Pull-Ups - unexpired, please)
- diaper bags and infant formula (all sizes and varieties - unexpired, please)
- baby and toddler clothes (new)
- strollers, high chairs, baby carriers, car seats, and cribs (For liability reasons, these items must all be brand new.)
- bedding and towels (new): twin-size sheet sets, comforters, blankets, and mattress pads, bath towels, washcloths
- powdered laundry detergents
- gas cards, RTS bus passes
- gift certificates: book stores, shoe stores, maternity stores, grocery stores, movie theaters, children's museums, etc.
- Adopt-A-Family donors (individuals or groups) to donate holiday gift items for women and children: 1 to 3 gifts for each "adopted" family member
Please call 585-368-2261 if you have questions about donating any of the above items.
Because of limited storage space, we regret that we are not able to accept used items
other than used cell phones.
Are you interested in helping women and families in our community? Do you have a skill or special talent you want to share? The YWCA is looking for volunteers to help in many capacities, including serving as mentors for the women and girls we serve. If you would like to become involved or if you are interested in learning about volunteer opportunities, please contact Ruth Rappaport-Kristal, Volunteer Coordinator, at (585) 368-2265 or email@example.com.
Information reviewed by agency 8/16/18. (Wish List updated.)