Center for Youth
Rochester, NY 14620
Contact: Kathy Cummins
- backpacks, cinch bags (especially needed)
- bus passes
- food items, non perishable, not expired
- gift cards: Tops, Wegmans, Walmart, Target, Rite Aid
- gloves, hats, scarves (new)
- hair care products
- household kitchen items, plates, glasses, pots, pans
- hygiene items (full-size) for male and female youth (deodorant especially needed)
- liquid laundry soap
- pillows (new)
- quarters for laundromat
- school supplies: composition books, notebooks, pencils, pens
- sleeping bags (new)
- twin-size sheets, blankets
- socks and underwear (new) for teens, all sizes
Phone Counselor: provide counseling, information, and referrals Mondays through Fridays from 6 to 9 pm. Volunteer twice a month. On-site training and supervision provided by CYS counselor.
Teen Court: teen volunteers needed (ages 14-19) to assist with Teen Court responsibilities (jurors, youth lawyers: prosecution and defense counsel). All training provided.
(Child care at Crisis Nursery and Owen's House: separate listing under Agencies on Wishbook website.)
Training and background check required prior to all volunteering.
Please check our website or call for additional volunteer opportunities.