Greater Rochester Habitat for Humanity
Rochester, NY 14609
Contact: (see below for contacts for Habitat ReStore donations)
We believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and each day we invite partner families, volunteers, and donors to roll up their sleeves together. Through shelter, we empower ourselves, our neighbors, and our community. Since 1984, we have built or renovated more than 250 homes!
Habitat ReStore- 755 Culver Road Rochester, NY 14609. Call 585-697-2012. Open Tuesday through Saturday 9 am to 5 pm. Closed Sunday and Monday.
- 2199 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14623. Call 585-444-9588. Open Monday through Saturday 9 am to 5 pm. Closed Sunday.
- 3040 County Road 10, Canandaigua, NY 14424. Call 585-396-3040. Open Wednesday through Saturday 10 am to 5 pm.
Habitat for Humanity ReStores are non-profit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials, and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
By shopping, donating, or volunteering at Habitat ReStores, you help keep quality, usable home improvement items out of local landfills and help us build more decent, affordable housing in Rochester and around the world.
Habitat ReStore Goals:
• Fund Greater Rochester Habitat for Humanity's mission.
• Keep as many materials out of our landfills as possible.
• Provide a resource for inexpensive DIY supplies.
- In Monroe County, visit ROCREStore.org to donate. In Ontario County, call 585-396-3040 to donate. Donation pick ups by appointment only. Walk-in donations are welcome during normal business hours. Please refer to our lists of acceptable and non-acceptable items before making a donation:www.rochesterhabitat.org/donatetorestore.html.
- roofing and gutters
- wall coverings
- windows and screens
- Contact 585-857-5813 or email@example.com.
- Faith Builds: Our faiths have some differences, but we come together knowing that we are more the same than different. We all believe in the same vision, a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Global Village: Opportunities for those who wish to work on Habitat's many national and global efforts. These include: advocacy, disaster relief, national and international volunteer trips.
- Group Volunteering (Construction): Team-Building days with Greater Rochester Habitat for Humanity are one of the most fun, impactful, and fulfilling volunteer opportunities around. Not only do we build quality affordable homes, but we also build your team's network, sense of camaraderie, and more!
- Leaders Build: Through Flower City Habitat's annual Leaders Build Series, Rochester area business and community leaders get a chance to step "out of the board room" and onto the construction site.
- ReStore: Volunteers help our nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers to keep quality and usable items out of the landfill, and raise money for our mission.
- Students Youth: Across the country, high school and college students partner with Habitat for Humanity by forming campus clubs and chapters that advocate, raise funds, and volunteer with local Habitat for Humanity affiliates. Clubs and chapters plug into Habitat run activities as well as their own activities such as awareness activities on campus.
- Veterans Build: Focused on home ownership and repairs training and employment and volunteer engagement and continued service of community for U.S. veterans, military service members, and their families.
- Women Build: Teams of women combine their fundraising efforts and volunteer build days to make another Habitat home possible. The 19th Women Build house in Rochester broke ground in 2023.
- Young Professionals: HYP provides a unique opportunity to connect emerging leaders and socially conscious young adults with every part of Habitat, and with each other. Not only do we build quality affordable homes, but we also build your skills, network, sense of community, and more.
Information reviewed by agency 3/31/23. (Agency name updated. Volunteers Needed updated.)