The Harbor House of Rochester, Inc. is a hospital hospitality house. The mission of the Harbor House is to provide supportive, affordable temporary housing to adult family members and/or patients who travel 50 or more miles to Rochester to receive medical treatment at one of our area hospitals for a serious medical condition such as heart failure, liver or kidney disease or a traumatic injury.
- cleaning and laundry supplies: Swiffer dry and wet sheets, Swiffer dusters; Lysol spray disinfectant; Lysol or Clorox wipes; Comet cleanser; window cleaner; dishwasher detergent (Finish Tabs preferred) or dish liquid; Lysol bathroom cleaner; laundry detergent, bleach; home dry cleaning sheets; dryer sheets
- copier paper
- DVDs (new or used)
- fresh fruit: bananas, apples, etc.
- gift cards: Wegmans, Tops, Walmart, Sam's, BJ’s, Constantino's Market
- gift cards for restaurants: Carabbas, Chili's, Uno, Moe's, Chipotle, Binga Burger, Corner Bakery Cafe
- groceries: Keurig one-cup coffee (regular and decaf); coffee and tea (regular and decaf), hot cocoa mix;
canned soups, crackers; individual snack packs or cereal bars; dry cereal, bagels;
juice (apple, cranberry, etc.); frozen dinners, peanut butter, Nutella, jam, bottled water
- hand sanitizer; liquid soap (regular or refill size)
- kitchen items: aluminum foil, plastic sandwich bags, gallon-size food storage bags
- lawn mower: walk-behind type
- light bulbs: energy-saver 60- and 100-watt; flood lamps: energy-saver 65-watt
- linens (new): white twin-size sheet sets, twin-size fleece blankets (beige preferred), thick-style white bath and hand towels, washcloths
- toilet paper, paper towels, napkins
- travel mugs, disposable
- Hospitality Team Members to staff the house from approximately 4 pm to 10 pm weekdays, and from 8:30 am to 10 pm on weekends. Shifts are 3-4 hours. You can volunteer weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, or be placed on the substitute list and be called as needed.
Main duties include being a warm, friendly face to greet and interact with guests. When time allows, light housekeeping duties are also assigned. You must be 18 or older and willing to undergo a background check. We prefer a one-year commitment to the house, but we know this is not always possible.
- Fundraisers: several people to work on current and future fundraising endeavors.