Harbor House of Rochester, Inc.
Rochester, NY 14620
Contact: Lawrence Jones
The mission of Harbor House of Rochester, Inc. is to provide temporary lodging for families of adult critical care patients who live outside the Rochester area and are receiving care at the University of Rochester Medical Center and other area hospitals. Harbor House provides a “home-away-from-home” environment of safe and supportive living that eases the emotional and financial burdens on these families.
- cleaning and laundry supplies: Swiffer dry and wet sheets, Swiffer dusters, Lysol spray disinfectant, Lysol or Clorox wipes, Comet cleanser, window cleaner, dishwasher detergent (tab style preferred) or dish liquid, Lysol bathroom cleaner, laundry detergent, bleach, dryer sheets, dryer balls
- copier paper
- individually packed meals - no homemade items at this time
- fresh fruit: bananas, apples, etc.
- gift cards: Wegmans, Tops, Walmart
- gift cards for restaurants: Carabbas, Chili's, Moe's, Chipotle, Bunga Burger, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Jay's Diner, Mt. Hope Diner
- groceries: Keurig one-cup coffee (regular and decaf), coffee and tea (regular and decaf), hot cocoa mix, individually wrapped snacks, nut packs and protein bars, dry cereal, bagels, juice (apple, cranberry, etc.), individual boxes of cerea,l frozen dinners, bottled water
- hand sanitizer, liquid soap (regular or refill size)
- light bulbs: energy-saver 60- and 100-watt flood lamps: energy-saver 65-watt
- linens (new): white twin-size sheet sets, twin-size fleece blankets (beige preferred), thick-style white bath and hand towels, washcloths
- toilet paper, paper towels, napkins
- travel mugs, disposable
- card stock
- disposable gloves including non-latex: all sizes
- surgical masks
- Team Members to staff the house afternoons and early evenings for a 2-3 hour shift. Duties include preparing rooms for families, cleaning common areas, and light office work. The more important part is presenting a warm, friendly face to greet and interact with guests, with light housekeeping when time allows. You must be 18 or older and willing to undergo a background check. We prefer a one-year commitment to the house, but we know this is not always possible.
- Fundraisers: several people to work on current and future fundraising endeavors.