New York Museum of Transportation
West Henrietta, NY 14586
Contact: James E. Dierks
An all-volunteer museum chartered by the state Board of Regents, whose mission is to preserve and exhibit transportation history of our area. Approximately 4,000 children and families attend each year. Collection includes a dozen full-size antique trolleys, steam locomotive, trucks, buggies, model railroad, photos, the Midtown Plaza Monorail, and small artifacts. A unique feature for visitors is a 2-mile scenic ride on the only electric trolley operation in the state. The museum also has a research archive, exhibit gallery, and a gift shop. See the Special Events Calendar for more information on our ongoing events.
- artifacts and images pertaining to area transportation history
- exhibit materials and services
- exterior paint for concrete block walls, custom-mixed enamels
- model fire trucks for display
- professional services: roofing, paving, vehicle painting, lawn and field mowing
- waste cans, attractive
- Visitor Center personnel: sell tickets, gift shop sales.
- Routine maintenance: mowing, electrical, mechanical repairs.
- Operating personnel: run model RR; run trolleys on full-size RR.
Information reviewed by agency 8/24/23. (Information is correct.)