Refugees Helping Refugees
835 South Ave.
Rochester, NY 14620
Contact: Sadiya Omar
Refugees Helping Refugees serves refugees from all over the world. Activities include: case management, ESOL classes, job counseling and training, senior program, health promotion and outreach, speakers series, citizenship training, and a summer intergenerational program.
- art supplies
- computer tables (2-person: 24-30 inches wide) or desks and chairs
- cooking utensils (baking sheets, pots and pans, mixing bowls, ordinary flatware, knives of different sizes, measuring spoons and cups, simple mixing machine, meat thermometer, etc.), potholders
- fabric, thread; knitting needles, yarn; crochet hooks, crocheting thread
- fax phone line
- jewelry-making supplies
- laptops, flash drives
- musical instruments: guitars, keyboard, conga drum set
- new building facility
- printer cartridges: HP 15
- printer paper, standard and long-size hanging filing folders, large manila envelopes, Expo markers
- projector light bulb
- sewing machines (3) with extra needles -- simple is better
- soccer equipment (pinneys, goals, cleats and shin guards)
- Sewing instructor: to teach small class.
- ESOL tutors to work in 1:1 or small groups with new refugee students to refine English skills.
- Computer instructor.
- Daycare: preschool/toddler teacher/provider for small program (less than 10 kids).
- Art teachers for summer youth programs.
- Music teachers for summer youth programs.
- Program Support: plan and aid Senior Program meeting, youth summer program and outreach, work/lifeskills programs, nuitrition/cooking classes, job development, case management.
- Aid in grant searching and writing.
- Front Office Operator: log attendance, manage front office affairs, etc.
- Interpreters: Karen, Somali, Nepali, Arabic, Swahili, Vietnamese, Chinese.