Saint's Place (St. Louis Church) assists legal refugees starting their first home in Rochester. The people we assist are starting from scratch. They arrive with only a few personal belongings.
- appliances (small), especially rice cookers, irons, working vacuum cleaners, and clock radios
- baby diapers, all sizes
- blankets, twin and double sheets, twin and double comforters
- dishes, flatware, and glasses
- drying racks
- furniture (gently-used): dressers, kitchen tables and chairs, coffee tables, end tables, beds (twin or double; no king-size), sofas. (No recliners or sofa beds)
- pots and pans, especially large cooking pots and saucepans
- telephones (not battery-operated)
- towels (all sizes)
- Tutoring: Assist students with homework and school projects (4:45 to 6:00 pm Wednesdays at Good Shepard Church and Thursdays at the Greek Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit). Help adults learn the English language.
- House volunteer: Sort and organize donations at our 46 S. Main Street location in Pittsford. A 2-hour weekly commitment. Must have good mobility.
- Clothing Closet (located at Saint John of Rochester Church in Fairport): Assist refugees in selecting clothing, help sort and place clothing in proper places.
- Public Relations/Marketing: Flexible schedule on a project-by-project basis.
- Grant-writing strategies and activities. Monthly evening meetings.
- Plan and work on a fundraising committee. Plan and organize fundraisers. Monthly meetings.