The Margaret Home
East Rochester, NY 14445
Contact: Megan Mancini
NOTE: The Margaret Home is considered an Essential Service, and is following COVID-19 prevention procedures.
The Margaret Home is a sustainable home that cares for pregnant moms who are experiencing homelessness or unstable living conditions in the Rochester region.
The mission is to provide pregnant women in need with access to a caring and self-sustaining home environment along with training, employable & entrepreneurial skills. Our objectives:
- Expand care services to homeless, pregnant women and their children in the Rochester region.
- Connect moms to educational opportunities to enhance their career potential, marketable skills including soft-skills necessary for job or business environments.
- Utilize a program model that conducts experiential job training in partnership with employers to increase skill levels, job readiness and career pathways.
- Provide access to entrepreneurial skills and experiences for moms to know how to thrive and work in small business environments; making them marketable to local small businesses.
Contact for Donations: Nancy_Colburn@themargerethome.com.
- art supplies
- greeting cards: birthday, sympathy, new baby
- wrapping paper
- school supplies
- gas cards
- gift cards: Wegmans, Aldi, Target, Uber
- children's books
- children's coats (new)
- passes to Seneca Park Zoo
- passes to Strong Museum of Play gift card
- body wash
- women's deodorants
- personal hygiene products
- hair products
- laundry baskets
- shower totes
- washcloths, towels
- diapers: newborn, sizes 4, 5, 6
- pull-up training pants
- diaper cream
- wet wipes
- first aid kits
- swaddle blankets
- pregnancy pillows
- clothes for boy and girl: newborn to 3 months
- infant Tylenol
- nail clippers
- Household Supplies:
- paper towels
- kitchen garbage bags
- laundry soap
- dryer sheets
- disinfectant wipes
- cleaning supplies
- toilet bowl cleaners
- batteries: all sizes
- toilet paper
- hand soap
Contact for Volunteers:email@example.com.
- General house coverage: Times are variable. Hours vary during the day both week days and weekends. Duties include general house responsibilities such as being present for the moms, general house cleaning, and helping moms prepare dinner.
- Child care: Mostly day hours with some evening hours if needed. This position will be in the child care area on the main floor.
- Events: Looking for volunteers to help organize, plan and staff TMH events. This position is as needed, and you will report to the event manager.
- Drive moms and babies to appointments.
- Holiday and seasonal decorators.
- Monthly, bi-weekly deep cleaning.
- Snow removal and sidewalk shoveling.
- Teen Volunteer Opportunities: Teens need to be 16 years or older. Teens between 16 and 18 will need to have a parent volunteer with them. Girls may volunteer in the childcare area and can help with events.
We do not allow men or boys in the home on a regular basis, but teenage boys can help with outside chores such as lawn care, leaf pickup and snow removal.
Information reviewed by agency 9/7/22. (Contact person updated.)