Young Women's College Prep, Inc.
Rochester, NY 14615
Phone: 585-445-3245 x302
Contact: Lauri Bonnell (585-305-5450)
Mission: to to break the cycle of poverty for young urban girls by increasing their economic self-sufficiency through improved leadership skills, career awareness, college readiness, and college access. To accomplish this creates, implements and supports innovative programs that educate the whole girl – academically, socially, and emotionally.
- books for young adults
- school supplies
- items for our PRIDE Cart (lotions, lip gloss, nail polish, barrettes, hair ties, etc.)
- SAT prep books
- Graphing calculators
- gift cards to local businesses to be used for raffles and other fundraising events
- Host a fundraiser: coordinate with friends, family, or co-workers to help benefit YWCP. Car washes, bake sales, book drives, concerts, anything!
- Individuals or companies to host a student or group of students at their office for a half-day of job shadowing. Provide students with day-to-day activity while providing them with an engaged, hand-on experience.
- For advisory committees including Health and Wellness, Student Leadership Conference and Engagement. No previous experience or specific skills are necessary.